The most popular product in our lineup is the Ex Sensor: a versatile small form factor product that can easily be installed via its plug and play function. Unlike the Apex where people are detected as they walk under the sensors, the Ex Sensor detects smart devices that visitors may be carrying.
Ex Sensors are ideal for carrying out footfall counting with an 8-hour onboard battery that can be extended with an external battery pack or with the Ex Sensor plugged into a power mains. Its 16GB internal memory means that, in the event that it loses network connectivity, data can be saved locally, minimising the risk of data loss.
The Ex Sensor comes with a 4G SIM so there is no need to spend more money on network access from the venue, nor do you need to worry about having to connect it to the internet. However, the venue must still have 4G connectivity capabilities in order for our sensors to work. This means that if you are considering our products, you must also consider the 4G capabilities of the event location.
The Ex Sensor Summary and Ex Sensor Statistics features compile unique visitor statistics such as:
- Total number of visitors – All unique devices that are detected at the event
- Engaged visitors – Unique devices that qualify as engaged
- Returned visitors – Unique devices that have returned on multiple days of the event
- Returned engaged visitors – Unique devices that qualify as engaged visits that returned to the event on multiple occasions
- Average dwell time – Average duration of visit for all unique devices
- Engaged dwell time – Average duration of visit for engaged visitors
These statistics are further broken down into individual sensors that may have been placed at different zones within the event – therefore, you are able to see how individual sensors performed for each room or zone.
Analysing conversion rates is made easier with our Conversion Ratio for each sensor, which can show the ratio between passing to engaged customers. Additionally, the Ex Sensor Maps provides two animated infographics:
- Heatmap showing the density of devices surrounding each sensor
- Treemap showing the distribution share of people visiting your stall at the exhibition or trade show over time
Finally, the Ex Sensor Flowchart reveals the busiest or most popular routes that people take as they move around your venue, giving you an insight into the flow of visitor traffic. You are therefore able to discover the peak footfall traffic times and where they usually occur.
You can count on our Ex Sensor to deliver accurate footfall data, taking into account devices that were detected prior to the event such as point of sale (POS) terminals, staff devices, or Wi-Fi routers and placing them in a ‘blacklist’ to eliminate them as being counted as a unique device.
This leads to more definitive reporting as they are omitted in final analytics reports after the event has concluded. The blacklist time period can be set to your own preferences, but we recommend 30 minutes before the start of an event.